Wednesday 1 August 2012

SoG, Libraries News & Lots More


In my continued efforts to catch up with the genea news after my week out of the loop, I ran my eye over the Society of Genealogists' blog this morning. A few items sprung out, thus:


Likewise, the excellent Public Libraries News blog has been hyper-active in my absence. Three posts I should like to bring to your attention are:


My apologies for omitting a major event from yesterday's events listing. Welsh persons may well be very interested indeed in the National Eisteddfod of Wales taking place over 4-11th August.

Oh, and blogger Chris Paton has pointed out an Irish seminar and a Scottish conference which may interest many of you.

I have been asked to give a little publicity to an extensive series of lectures during August at the National Library of Ireland, which can be found on the NLI's events page. Great stuff!

Episode 9 of The Family History Show is now available - check it out here.

More info from Randy Seaver on just which UK databases can be found on the US-orientated FindMyPast.com.

It seems that some, limited access is available at the 'temporarily closed' Scottish Catholic Archives - see the message near the top of their homepage.

The latest e-newsletter from the Commonwealth War Graves Commission is available here.

HistoryToday magazine are currently offering 10% off subscriptions.

And don't forget the BI-Gen Twitter feed.




Naughty ancestors...


No comments:

Post a Comment