Thursday 27 December 2012

Genealogy News - 27th December


I know I said I wouldn't be back until the weekend, but I thought I'd pop by to flag a few bits and bobs - especially the special offers that are up for grabs.

Firstly, a reminder about 'Start Your Family Tree Week' during 26th Dec - 1st Jan. See here and here for all you need to know (and don't forget to claim those 50 free credits for FMP by 2nd January!). FindMyPast Ireland's version of the venture also features a competition.

There's also more free credits for FMP to be had via the Xmas Lost Cousins newsletter (+ other offers). And yet more credits elsewhere, in fact - see this post on the 'A Rebel Hand' blog (scroll down to 'stop press'). Yes, all the offers seem to work - I've got myself 190 free credits to use at FMP by the end of March!

Ancestry.com have opened up free access to a good few records until 29th December. Mostly US stuff, but there are a few important items of interest to those of us on this side of the Pond. Click here, then click on 'See What's Free' at the right-hand side.

Don't forget this offer from CW & S Parkinson Genealogical Storage.

There are a few other offers around, but they can wait till the weekend's post (probably Saturday, maybe Sunday!).

And we'll end this short post with some free articles from History Today magazine.




No comments:

Post a Comment